Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Story!! of Mormonism??????

So my story I believe is a bit different from others; I was born and raised as a Baptist in the South, while growing up I attended numerous churches to see how they were and if I liked them, To make a long story short Baptist churches were my favorite. So after I graduated high school, I left home and joined the military where my alcohol usage multiplied 10 times fold; needless to say I didn't go to church much any more, I mean why would I when there was Sunday Football or Basketball, Beer, pizza and girls to have and hangovers to nurse.

So as time went on I met my wife, but at the time she was just another girl and we dated and eventually got married, at that time she I had no clue what her religious preference was and it really didn't matter seeing as she was just like me, out partying and having a good time also. So about 2 years after we were married my wife went into a little transition, a religious transition. By this time, I knew she was a Mormon, but it wasn't a big deal cause I didn't know anything about it and was too naive to do any research. So I knew she was in the process of getting back into the church (becoming Active). So at this point I really didnt have any allegiance to any church but since I wasn't actively attending any church I began going to church with here, OK it was after some whining, but I went.

I attended church services for a while and began receiving missionary lessons, everything sounded great and perfect and eventually I as baptized and joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And we lived Happily Ever After...........................or so I thought.

2 years later, I attended church services regularly but always hesitantly, I only go now because it would break my wife's heart if I told her I didn't really want to be there or I believed that some of the so called inspired teaching were of man and not of God. To make a long story short, I have been doing lots of research and there are lots of things I don't agree with and just weren't right. So this is why I am very confused and hopefully I will get some followers and that will chime in and give me some tips, hints or your perspectives.

Ray is Confused Blog

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ray,

    I'm not sure what to say other than that I sympathize. This is one of the things that I find very hypocritical about the LDS Church. They claim to place such high emphasis on family values, but real family unity is contingent on everyone towing the line.

    I've come to the conclusion that the Church is false. If you've read much of my blog, you have a pretty good idea of why I think this. I can't tell you what to think. You'll have to come to your own conclusions, but I will say that questioning something that doesn't seem right is not the influence of Satan.

    I understand very well your concern for your wife's reaction. She probably will be heartbroken if/when you level with her, afraid that her family won't be together forever, etc., and that breaks my heart. For quite a while after I left the Church, I thought of it as simply misguided but benign, but then I hear stories like yours. I know my mother cries over her children who have gone "astray." All that unnecessary pain, all that suffering over something that isn't even true. Plan of happiness? I don't think so, and that's why I speak out against it.

    I'm so sorry for the dilemma you're in. I sympathize. That's all I can say. I wish the best for you, and I hope you'll stay in touch.

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,

    Have you been over to NOM? http://forum.newordermormon.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. See www.postmormon.org hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray, I wish you the best. The only thing I will say that approaches advice is: You know damn good and well this is all going to come out. Hiding it for another two or three years will help no one. So, tomorrow, blurt it out. Opening the wound to clean it is better than hiding the infection and hoping it will go away.

    ReplyDelete